First meeting - Vaggeryd
LEARNING/TEACHING/TRAINING ACTIVITY OF THE PROJECT 3D TECHNIQUES HELD IN FENIX OCH KUNSKAPSCENTRUM, VAGGERYD 11.–16. 12. 2016
The programme of the activity was focused on completing tasks of the project 3D Techniques and exchange experience of the work with named techniques among the project partners – teams from Slovakia - Prešov, Sweden - Vaggeryd and Czech Republic – Pardubice. Outstanding contribution was acquaintance with school work, its modern facilities, surroundings of Vaggeryd, Swedish culture and beautiful nature of southern Sweden.
Participants learned 3D modelling of the programme Solid Work under the guidance of Swedish teacher. Their task was to create gingerbread house – Swedish symbol of Christmas. The task was completed and houses made. Unfortunately, they did not remind gingerbread but modern buildings. Everyone was enchanted by the precise multifunctional 3D printer MK2 UTIMAKER which is used in lessons.
Important contributions were students presentations and discussions which enabled exchange of experience with the use of 3D programmes and printers. The presentations were made on a high professional and language levels. The Swedes presented programme Solid work, Slovaks Inventor and Czechs 3DS Max. Also, the Czechs demonstrated assembling and functions of the printer Prusa i3 which is going to be built by partners during the following activity in Slovakia. Everyone agreed with the Czech proposal of the web which will be used for displaying school aids made by 3D techniques. IT teacher informed one another about methods used in their lessons. They found out many similarities in their work.
SHADOWING IN LESSONS
Teachers and students participated in lessons of programming C++ Arduino, Maths, Biology and English. All lessons were interesting and attracted students. They liked programming, laboratory work, explanation of Maths and admired the high English level of Swedish students.
FAMILIARIZING WITH CULTURE, NATURE
Swedish students gathered in a great hall where each partner performed presentation about his country, town, school. Each presentation attracted audience.
Participation in the celebration of St. Lucia Day was the great, unique experience. All school students met in the oldest stony church where school girls´ choir dressed in traditional white dresses sang wonderful Christmas songs. Atmosphere was festive, amazing.
All participants appreciated modern architecture and equipment of classrooms. They were captured by glass walls of rooms and roofs. A big gymnasium is also used as the cultural hall, theatre for the local citizens. The school uses modern workshops for teaching wood and metal work.
The excursion around Vaggeryd familiarized everyone with the tundra countryside covered with coniferous woods, lakes and peatbogs. Local peaceful atmosphere is made up by red, wooden, cosy houses with pastures in which horses and cattle are grazing. Around Vaggeryd there prosper many small companies which produce furniture. Furniture made by the firm Swedes was awarded at the international competitions. We wished to have some pieces, notably famous chair Lamino in our houses. (http://swedese.com/)
Everyone was observing smallholding of the oldest soldier guard, sports field for horse racing Vaggerydstravet - “travbana and The icefield where Bandy matches are played. (Swedes won the world championship for 11 times.)
The great surprise was the trip to Goteborg where we could not catch snaps of fantastically lit centre Liseberg demonstrating Swedish Christmas traditions. We also could watch an outstanding ballet on skate there.
Families, which accommodated guests took friendly care of them and provided them with many nice activities. They enabled them sightseeing in Jonkoping, festive traditional dinner in restaurant, watch films in local cinemas, trips to nature
It is necessary to say in conclusion that participants enriched, deepen their professional, cultural knowledge and English, communicative project language.
Jana Binarová, coordinator
Second meeting - Prešov
13. 3. 2017
8:00 – 10:00 – Guest will see school. Visit lessons.
10:00 – 12:00 – Assembling of 3D printer kit (Prusa i3 MK2).
12:00 – 13:00 – Lunch break.
13:00 – 14:00 – Slovak language lesson.
14. 3. 2017
|8:00 – 12:00 – Assembling of 3D printer kit.
12:00 – 13:00 – Lunch break.
13:00 – 15:00 – Visit historic center of town, video recording of Prešov.
15. 3. 2017
|8:00 – 16:00 – All day trip to the mountains – High Tatras. Easy hiking trails. Visit attractions.|
16. 3. 2017
8:00 – 12:00 – Finishing of 3D printer kit. Setting of 3D printer.
12:00 – 13:00 – Lunch break.
13:00 – 14:00 – Show movie about Sweden, talking about the partner countries.
17. 3. 2017
8:00 – 11:00 – Print parts of school aids with 3D printer.
11:00 – 12:00 – Project meeting.
12:00 – Lunch.
EVALUATION OF LEARNING/TEACHING/TRAINING ACTIVITY
The programme was completed.
- Czechs and Slovaks built their 3D PRINTERS. Swedes had built it before coming to Slovakia since they came by plane. Their team joined Czechs and Slovaks. Since Czechs finished two days sooner they helped others to assemble their printer.
- 3D MODELLING was taught/trained while making model of the automatic hand which will be used for teaching automation. Students achieved to print the part of that, the whole aid will be finished till the end of the school year and few others till November 2017.
- Also, Slovaks and Czechs completed some aids such as … in advance and they displayed them to others.
- VIDEO RECORD of LTT ACTIVITY - school, shadowing in IT lessons, sights in Prešov and the whole day trip to High Tatras, Belanské Tatras and Belanská cave was made. Videos will be processed in the following period.
- VIDEO RECORD ABOUT ASSEMBLING THE PRINTER was made as well. The video will be processed till November 2017.
- COMMUNICATION, LEARNING/PRACTISING LANGUAGES was trained intensively since students worked in mixed teams, they discussed professional problems and met during free time activities (sport games, bowling) every day in evenings.
- SLOVAKIAN LESSON enabled everyone to learn basic social expressions. Slovaks even learned others their national dance and the public enjoyed performance of famous dance “čardáš”.
- LEARNING PARTNERS CULTURE. Each team performed presentation about their school, town and country. Videos about LTT activity in Sweden enchanted hosts students very much.
ACTIVITIES MADE ABOVE THE PROJECT TASKS:
Slovakian team made school aids model DC motor, robotic arm, wind turbine, robotic car, regulation loop.
- Slovakian team made school aids model - DC motor, robotic arm, wind turbine, robotic car, regulation loop which are vused for teaching. The Czechs combined 3D printed parts with electronic while creating robotic hand. Printing, assembling aids are main tasks of the second period so this work was made above.
- The trip enabled participants to watch places of natural beauties which are the High Tatras and wonderful Belanská caves decorated with dripstones.
- Local TV made interview with the Slovakia coordinator and students to promote school aids made by students with the use of 3D printer.
CONCLUSIONS OF THE PROJECT MEETING - MAIN TASKS FOR THE SECOND PERIOD:
- Tasks of the first period were completed
- Disseminate project results to the public – project videos, presentations about visited countries to students, staff, parents in mother schools; publish articles on the school webs, local press; make banners, notice boards
- Complete videos about LTT in Prešov, training video about assembling and use of 3D printer; modelling, printing, assembling, use of a school aid
- Model, print, assemble 3 or more school aids.
- Make the web to publish made aids: Czechs responsibility
Jana Binarová, coordinator
Third meeting - Vaggeryd
3. 12. 2017
13:00 – Czechs arrive in Jönköping
Lunchtime – The Slovaks arrive
Short tour in Jonkoping
4. 12. 2017
8:20 – Welcome, tour around the school. (room 1105)
12:00 – Presentations, videos about countries, towns, schools. Videos about LTTA in Slovakia
14:15 – Swedish lesson
16:00 – Sports in gym
5. 12. 2017
8:30 – Assembling school aids. Reparation of 3D printers. Printing some parts of school aids
12:00 – 16:00 – Assembling school aids
16:00 – Prison Island – IQ park in Huskvarna
6. 12. 2017
8:30 – CAD lesson. Programme Solid Work, modelling of movable game cube.
12:00 – 16:00 – Presentation of the web for publishing school aids. Presentation of 3D modelling. Assembling school aids.
7. 12. 2017
8:30 – Tour to Elinge Älgpark and Swedish countryside. http://elingealgpark.com/
Sightseeing in Jönköping – taking snaps, making video records
8. 12. 2017
Evaluation by questionnaires
Plan of LTTA in Pardubice
9. 12. 2017
EVALUATION OF LTTA:
Programme made in compliance with the Form of Application was completed.
- Each team completed school aids from parts printed on 3D printers at their schools, at participants homes before departure to LTTA. Some parts were printed in Fenix. The school aids - speaker, electrodynamic converter, DC motor, combustion motor V8, aircraft turbine, game cube and a model of robotic hand will be published on the web School Aids – output of the project.
- Students learned modelling by the program Solid Works. Made model and printed the game cube.
- Participants were informed about function and access to the web with School Aids. Presentation about 3D modelling showed them the method of 3D modelling they will learn in LTTA Pardubice.
- Since the Czechs are experienced in the work on 3D Pruša printer they could help to repair Swedish 3D printers.
- Lesson of Swedish enabled to learn basic social expressions which most participants used to greet their new friends, while completing project tasks, shopping.
- Evaluation of the impact of the project work on participants was made by questionnaire. Most of them admitted improvement of professional knowledge, English, communication skills, motivation to self-study, personal qualities, enlarged general outlook.
- Snaps and video records about school, Swedish countryside and Jonkoping were made. They will be processed into video and presentations to implement knowledge of the project to the public.
CONTRIBUTION MADE ABOVE THE PROGRAMME:
- Participants could observe typical Swedish nature, learn about the life of moose, Swedish care of the environment, Christmas traditions.
- As stated in questionnaire the evaluated improvement in English, teamwork, making friends.
Jana Binarová, coordinator, 28. 12. 2017
Fourth meeting - Pardubice
EVALUATION OF LTTA PROJECT 3DT – PARDUBICE, 5. – 9. 3. 2018
Programme was made in compliance with Form Application and projects tasks, each of them was completed.
LEARNING/TEACHING/TRAINING WAS FOCUSED ON:
- Learning, practising of 3D Max modelling. Participants created, printed, assembled a small robot.
- Assembling further school aids (motors, …) and finishing complicated ones (robotic hands)
- Publishing of made aids on the web “3D school aids”.
- Hosts underwent the lesson of Czech language. Czech students taught them basic social phrases such as greetings, introducing, I cannot understand, others.
- Participants underwent a lesson of hardware completing, Physics, some of them Maths.
- Partners videos about last LTTA in Sweden were projected
Teachers of project:
- Evaluated final students essays about positive project contribution; decided to publish them on the project web
- Informed about their E-L training programmes made in mother tongues
- Discussed final evaluation; remaining tasks of the project, mostly disseminative ones Underwent shadowing in ICT lessons, Hardware, Physics, Maths.
PROGRAMME EXPANDING KNOWLEDGE
- Politics – Participants were received by Mayor, head of school Pardubice department
- EU – deputy of Europe Direct Pardubice gave a lecture about the role of EU
- Technique - excursion in robotic production of busses
- Culture – sightseeing in Prague, Pardubice, chateau in Litomyšl protected by UNESCO
- Conference also with attendance of school pupils was held to familiarize the public with the project results in the form of videos and exhibition of 3DT school aids, functions of 3D printer. Important were partners workshops with presentation of their countries where pupils could ask questions. Interesting was exhibition of robots by Slovaks.
- Video programme made from videos about LTTAs was projected in the school system during the whole activity.
- Rollers, posters about 3DT, STVN were installed.
was made by questionnaires, in which participants admitted project contribution to their professional, language, communicative skills “very much” or an “average” level. They also stated motivation to self - studies (mostly “very much”), improvement of their personalities. They appreciated learning of teamwork and extended general outlook, culture of partners countries.
REMAINING PROJECT TASKS:
- Finish E-L training programmes
- Send best final essay to the coordinator in the word form
- Make a video about LTTA
- Dissemination activities – presentations, projecting videos to schoolmates, parents, the public
- Write articles to the local press
Send please mentioned tasks to the coordinator, who will place them on the project web.
Jana Binarová, coordinator